- Any outdoor furniture product from SJY is covered by a 3-year limited warranty.
What our warranty covers:
- The powder coat finish on all aluminium frames for a period of three (3) years from date of purchase against peeling, flaking, and blisters.
- Teak wood products for a period of three (3) years from date of purchase against structural failure, wood rot, and insect infestation
- All polyethylene, for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase against structural failure.
- All frame structures, for a period of four (4) years from the date of purchase against structural failure.
- All hardware used in the construction of its outdoor furniture for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase to be free from defects and against structural failure.
- All composite sling products for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase against structural failure and tearing.
- All cushion, pillow, and umbrella fabrics, made of Axvision fabric, for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase against becoming unserviceable due to colour or strength loss from normal usage and exposure conditions.
- All cushion, pillow, and umbrella fabrics, made of Sunproof fabric, for a period of two (2) year from the date of purchase against becoming unserviceable due to colour or strength loss from normal usage and exposure conditions.
- All cushion, pillow, and umbrella fabrics, made of Sunbrella fabric, for a period of three (3) year from the date of purchase against becoming unserviceable due to colour or strength loss from normal usage and exposure conditions. * Read more about Sunbrella fabric here
- All replacement parts for a period of one (1) year.
- This warranty is a limited warranty, whereby regular care and maintenance is required to maintain it. This type of warranty applies to the original purchaser only. Proof of purchase, including original receipt showing items purchased, is required. Warranty coverage begins on the date of purchase. In some cases, there will be a pro-rated charge for the time the product was in use. If a colour or model has been discontinued and replacement is required, we reserve the right to replace the affected item only with a similar colour or model.
This limited warranty does not cover the following:
- Structural failure or damages due to incorrect assembly, lack of regular maintenance, improper use, roughness, abuse or neglect.
Structural failure or damages due to use of furniture with other products not produced by SJY.
- Normal wear or stretching of fabrics due to weathering or use, fading, minor discoloration, minor color variances in the wood grain, resin or color variance between replacement parts or pieces.
- Normal wear or fading of personalized laser engraving.
- Checking (minor cracks) may occur when wood products are exposed to outside elements. Checking is considered natural and is not covered under this warranty unless they contribute to structural failure.
- Damages or failure caused by freight or acts of nature (e.g. freezing temperatures, hurricane, tornado, high winds, etc.), as well as damages to wood products caused by environmental conditions (e.g. extreme dry climates), mould, or mildew.
- Damages to Teakwood products caused by sources of heat (e.g. sunlight magnification through reflection of windows, stemware or from other sources, such as grill, fire pit, cigarette, etc.).
- Damages to powder-coated aluminium and steel products caused by environmental conditions (e.g. excessive humidity) or rust.
- Personal injury related to improper use or neglect of the furniture.
- Damages caused by suntan oil or other chemicals not endorsed by SJY.
- The application of paint, stain, polyurethane, and other chemical treatments or any modifications made by the end user will void the warranty.
- Pickup, delivery, or home inspection.
Your responsibilities as a user:
- During winter, all furniture should be stored indoors in an upright position to allow for proper water drainage. Storing furniture upside down may cause water to accumulate and freeze inside the frame, causing serious structural damage that is not covered by this warranty.
- If the product is place inside/ sunk in chlorine/salt pool, warranty period will be reduced to one (1) year.
- In the event of a defect, photos of the damaged furniture must be submitted via email to email@example.com to submit a warranty claim. Customers must also provide the original purchase receipt for the purchase.